Fluval E Series Heater question..........

revival

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
In a dream
Ok so i have a 300 watt Fluval E series heater. I am trying to set the temp to 84 degrees. Its been currently on 81 degrees and been flashing blue. I believe the screen is to suppose to be green and only flash blue if it goes higher than the desired temp but im not sure? I dont know where the box and instructions are. Im trying to raise the temp but no matter what it just stays at 81 degrees. Any help? Thx in advance.

ahfu25

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2006
NYC
revival;4859219; said:
Ok so i have a 300 watt Fluval E series heater. I am trying to set the temp to 84 degrees. Its been currently on 81 degrees and been flashing blue. I believe the screen is to suppose to be green and only flash blue if it goes higher than the desired temp but im not sure? I dont know where the box and instructions are. Im trying to raise the temp but no matter what it just stays at 81 degrees. Any help? Thx in advance.
Blue means water temp is colder than whatever temp you have it set for. Give it time it will turn green when the temp is right

revival

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
In a dream
So now it stopped blinking but its still blue at 82 degrees. Whats the difference between solid blue and blinking blue?

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
I have one too. It does the same thing flashing blue. They say it needs current to circulate the heat but I think it can't keep up with the cold so I added a second heater. This only happens in the winter. Summer I turn off the second heater.

Joe M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
North East
I dont think they have the heating capacity of a comparable 300w heater, like a jager. Blue is that the temp is cold, flashing blue means dangerously cold, like 4 or so degrees or more under your set temp. Same for too hot only its red and flashing red. I think its only green if that water temp is plus/minus 1 degree from where you set it at.

revival

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
In a dream
Joe M;4859890; said:
I dont think they have the heating capacity of a comparable 300w heater, like a jager. Blue is that the temp is cold, flashing blue means dangerously cold, like 4 or so degrees or more under your set temp. Same for too hot only its red and flashing red. I think its only green if that water temp is plus/minus 1 degree from where you set it at.
Thx for the info. It was 82 solid came home from work not its 81 blinking again. I just dont get it. I even set it to 86 to see if it would raise it but it dropped it...weird.

Twicksisted

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2007
London, UK
www.myspace.com
yeah i had that issue in my 150g during this winter, i bought another 300w E series and now both are happy... (and it looks pretty cool having both at either end of the tank

hamfist

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2010
Southampton, UK
Joe M;4859890; said:
I dont think they have the heating capacity of a comparable 300w heater, like a jager.
I agree. Seem to be very slow at heating up a tank, but I love the digital temp display on the front ! I have a 300W one of these and a 300W jaeger in my 150G. A great combination !

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store