Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Prefix explanation : WTB (want to buy), FS (for sale), FT (for trade), FREE

Format : Prefix - Item/Fish - Location(City and State/Province) - Method of Transport (shipping or pick up)

Example : FS - Arowana - York, PA - Pick-up only

I'll be on the look out for anything without a price and location starting today. Anything not showing the stuff above will go away.
Please don't be too harsh with this for the time being. I will support whatever decisions you make however.

I was under the impression that we were having the trolling issue again, and I have zero tolerance for that.

I will be working to fix the lack of a requirement for the prefixes this week.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Change the marketplace format back to how it was! Half the ppl now don’t even list location or price
Agree. Glad its being worked on

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
On other forums that I’m a part of there’s a rule starting that if your not a participating member of the forums you cannot use the bst forum. It’s nice because it keeps the people looking to flip items for a profit out of the picture. Wouldn’t be a bad rule and would likely cut down on the trolling issue.

the big kahuna

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
new york city
The message could've been given in a more professional manner in my opinion. I can't speak for the other 154,999 members but this member isn't a fan of being spoken to as if I was a child on the verge of a "time out". It's very disheartening to believe that people think that communicating to people in this way is acceptable. If you have the capability to "ban" individuals from any part of the site, then I'm sure you have the capability to send this type of email to the people that are a part of the infractions on an INDIVIDUAL basis. Just my 2 cents.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Didn't bother me but I could tell Rob was sort of pissed. But that's me.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
The message could've been given in a more professional manner in my opinion. I can't speak for the other 154,999 members but this member isn't a fan of being spoken to as if I was a child on the verge of a "time out". It's very disheartening to believe that people think that communicating to people in this way is acceptable. If you have the capability to "ban" individuals from any part of the site, then I'm sure you have the capability to send this type of email to the people that are a part of the infractions on an INDIVIDUAL basis. Just my 2 cents.
But you know what?

You're right.

And for that I apologise.

I typically try to approach serious issues in the forum with a somewhat tongue in cheek approach, and it's ended up biting me in the backside about as often as it hasn't.

Reading what I wrote objectively, I can see how it makes me look like a douche, instead of reading like I intended it.

Point taken, and I'll make sure to keep Admin Chicx from trying to communicate like Member Chicx. I suppose one can't be authoritative through text alone while being light; or at least I lack the writing skills to pull that off.

Again, apologies to the MFKers. I'll be better for you.

the big kahuna

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
new york city
We have, and it hasn't worked. So here we are.

Response seems a little uncaring but whatever. My issue isn't just the content of your thread it's more of the tone and who it's directed to. Again in my opinion you can get your point across without seeming so unprofessional which I'm sure is one of the qualifications of being a moderator. But what exactly was "tried"? Scenario, let's say a member is being reckless in the Marketplace or any other forum on MFK. A moderator sends a personal pm to that member and he or she continues to be reckless AFTER the warning, have they been banned? If so and the moderators are consistent in doing this then it works. If moderators aren't consistent in banning reckless members then it doesn't work. So it seems to me that your thread should be directed to all moderators to be more diligent and consistent in doing their job in monitoring the site and not directing the thread to the 155,000 members. Again just my thoughts.

I hope I'm not banned for expressing my opinion in a respectable way to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store