Food for Alligator Gar

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
tilapia, cod, salmon, squid, shrimp etc etc etc...

pellets eventually would be good as well.

Reactions: tlindsey

badar7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2011
lahore,Pakistan
www.facebook.com
i feed my 33inch aligator gars small local cichlid fish , known as chira over here in pakistan. i also feed them dola, a local snakehead species. i buy them in bulk from local fishermen, so it costs me very very cheap, its 100% organic, natural prey, natural food. my gars are now 11 years old and i feed em once a week.
get yourself feeder fish, if not, go to a local grocery store's meet section, but fish from there,ONLY fish and shripms. buy 2 or 3 kgs, make small bags, put em in ur freezer, defrost fully before serving :D

Reactions: tlindsey

SpectreMercurial69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2017
my gars, both of them, are picky
will only eat siverish or whiteish live feeders
they ignored those orangeish and reddish one

they are tricky and weird lol

reptilerancher

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
I feed primarily pellets I feed a mix of 6 different pellets. the highest percentage of my mix is from game fish pellets and crocodile pellets. I feed it to a few different species and they all really like the crocodile pellets. high protein and large but they are easy to over feed. I also give rats, mice, and small chicks on occasion when the other pets don't eat. oddly enough my gar doesn't like fish all that much.

ArindamDas

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2019
I feed primarily pellets I feed a mix of 6 different pellets. the highest percentage of my mix is from game fish pellets and crocodile pellets. I feed it to a few different species and they all really like the crocodile pellets. high protein and large but they are easy to over feed. I also give rats, mice, and small chicks on occasion when the other pets don't eat. oddly enough my gar doesn't like fish all that much.
Hi bro how did u get them to take pellets plz advice me how to accustum them to take on a pettet based diet ??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store