For those that have monster clown loaches what do you feed them ?

lee1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2008
paradise
My new guys are 12 inches plus and the food I feed my 6 inch guys look kinda small for the big boys and girls

Redshark1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2017
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
These are the foods that I feed in order of quantity:

Tetra Discus granules
Freeze-dried Krill (soaked before feeding so they sink)
Frozen Bloodworm
Various high quality veggie sticks and wafers (from a low volume maker)
NorthFin Kelp Wafers
New Life Spectrum Algaemax
JMC Catfish Pellets
Freeze-dried Tubifex
Freeze-dried Earthworms
Hikari Massivore
Tetramin Flakes (mainly for dithers)

My biggest Clown is 11.5 inch but they still like small pellet sized foods. They love a good dig for them in the gravel.

Reactions: tlindsey

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
A lot of these big wild clowns are picky eaters and don’t want pellets. Some want shrimp(try shrimp from Another area if the one your trying doesn’t work)earthworms,mussels,clams, fish, etc. I have a 11incher that only wants night crawlers so I’ll gut the worm and put carnivore pellets inside of it. I had another that I sold pushing 12inches that wanted them to but ended up liking mussels and clams more. Just bought another wild 9incher that so far only cares for bloodworms so I’ll still keep looking for what it likes to get it feeding better. Big WC are such a pain.

Last edited:

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
If they eat fish food, the size doesn't matter. I still feed mine 2mm pellets and they gobble them up despite being too small for some of them. The sooner you get them on fish food the better. As a note, mine never liked prawns much at all, neither are they crazy for mussels. They go crazy for bloodworms. And any fish would go for live food such as black worms, bloodworms, etc... in case they refuse fish food and dead food. However, ideally they need to start feeding on high quality pellets to get all the nutrition they need.

Reactions: tlindsey

lee1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2008
paradise
I just bought some fresh bay shrimp so I will try that first ordered a bunch of blood worms too

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store