For you pike lovers

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
I was trying to ID a pike I saw at a LFS and ran across this site with a lot of pics. This site is a geocities so it dosen't get a lot of bandwidth.

GTS

Candiru
MFK Member
May 15, 2005
Tampa,Fl
That site is "Mostly cichlids" and was made by Vinny Kutty. Its mostly about pike cichlids.

I think there is a link to it on the cichlid rooms website.

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
yeah...thats probably it!!! Thankz for the effort though Stevo!! Staying true to your word to keep an eye out for pike cichlids for me! Twas great meeting yaz by the way! Made the drive more worth it....stupid african cichlids...lol. I'm gettin two of my three Crenicichla marmoratas tomorrow! WAHOOO! can't wait! Yeah baby!!

phene4grene420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
york, pa
Peanut_Power said:
yeah...thats probably it!!! Thankz for the effort though Stevo!! Staying true to your word to keep an eye out for pike cichlids for me! Twas great meeting yaz by the way! Made the drive more worth it....stupid african cichlids...lol. I'm gettin two of my three Crenicichla marmoratas tomorrow! WAHOOO! can't wait! Yeah baby!!
i bought one today at PETCO for $7.99 :grinno:

Peanut_Power

MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
phene4grene420 said:
i bought one today at PETCO for $7.99 :grinno:

If you got a marmorata at PetCo I will be HIGHLY surprised...pike cichlid...understandable....they carry three common species...'sp. belly crawler', 'sp. venezuela', or johanna....lets see some picture bro! :D

Peanut_Power

MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
Still...I will be VERY surprised if it is marmorata....here are a couple more pictures of my babies which are coming tomorrow along with some other fish!! yay!

Its possible it might be a xingu I...since they are sometimes imported. You practically have to special order in marmoratas though....thats why i would be surprised...lol. Time shall tell! I shall be bitter if you did! If there are more, gimme your paypal...i'll send yaz money, pick them up for me and ship them! LOL!

phene4grene420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
york, pa
lol...i'm pretty sure that's the one i got. then again, i may be wrong....guess my pictures will answer all questions once i take them and post them. i think they got a red stripe on them but hell i don't remember. i saw them at petco a few days ago when i was in there, and then i saw you going gaga over them so i figured if they're that hard for you to get i might as well get my hands on one while they got them locally. they had 2 when i got there today, i think they only had 2 when i was there the last time, so nobody is really buying them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store