Found a new log on the beach

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
That is probably some type of tropical hardwood. I bet it would be worth a bunch of $$ if milled into boards.

Reactions: kno4te

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
My mom hates spiders. One time, we were on the freeway, and a massive garden spider was sitting on the steering wheel. She pulled over 6 lanes to get out of the car and wack it off! The weird thing is, she‘s a biologist!

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I don't know what's worse, that thing knocking on the door......or Jehovah's Witnesses!
The JW's are much more intrusive and irritating. We are heavily infested with both...spiders and JW's...but at least my dog keeps most of the JW's off the lawn. He ignores spiders. :)

Mind you, our spiders are the size of house flies, rather than house cats...:)

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
The JW's are much more intrusive and irritating. We are heavily infested with both...spiders and JW's...but at least my dog keeps most of the JW's off the lawn. He ignores spiders. :)

Mind you, our spiders are the size of house flies, rather than house cats...:)
They're a funny bunch those JW's. From the age of 8 to about 10 my mum got drawn into their web and dragged myself and my two siblings with her to the kingdom hall every week. My dad knew better, he didn't want anything to do with it.

I kid you not it was the worse couple of years of my life. Taunting at school, no presents for birthdays or Xmas because they didn't believe in rejoicing things like that. Awful thing to go through as a child.

Then when I was about 22 I started work at a plastics recycling facility run by JW's and so had all their crap rammed down my throat on a regular basis. Strange bunch.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I just came back to this thread because I found a more manageable log.
Noticed all the chatter so had to read it all.
Amazing to see the tract of evolution from a piece of wood to the philosofy of religious dogma
New log, found on the beach below, but less interesting than the threads new tract.
To gauge log size, the Andinoacara in the shot is about 7" (TL)
8424B3CE-E2F0-464B-B7F9-91260D1A310D_1_201_a.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store