found this on my tank glass

fishingaddict

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2006
houston, texas
when doing a water change i noticed that on the glass there were small white thingies. at first i thought it was just the tank getting dirty but i picked one of the deals off the glass.. and it had a somewhat hard texture to it, its white, and the middle is kinda yellowish dark. its flat on the bottom side and round on the top side. theres bout a hundred or so on the tank (210g). i know this isnt a good description, but i dont know another way to describe it. any idea on what it is and is it deadly? all the fish are fine as of now.
DSC04430.JPG
thanks

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
planaria??(sp?)

Au Duong Phong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2006
S. cali
can't see, but are they snails? Maybe it's a good thing. Your water may be good to have those

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
i have the exact same thing, they dont seem to be hurting my fish but then again i have know idea. would also like to know! anyone???

fishingaddict

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2006
houston, texas
at first i thought they were bad fish eggs because when my snook laid eggs the unfertilized ones turn to a white color. these are prolly the same size as snook eggs. i hope these arent dangerous.

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
those are little nematode like things

perfectly harmless little scavengers

just bump up your water changes and cut back on your feedings
:D

Lucho

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2007
Peru
if the shape is like it´s a freshwater limpet, it´s a mollusk - gastropod (like a snail) I don´t think you have problems.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store