Fountain plants

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I’m using a fountain as a nursery for my floating plants.
They weren’t doing too much in the pond. I was worried they would die off from no fish waste to feed off. After looking for something to add I settled on miracle grow. This is one week difference.
The only plant I added since the first picture was taken is the floating lettuce plant on the right side. Just since yesterday that floating lettuce is already sending off a baby?
A5718F77-E1B3-40B6-AB6F-43D9AFC474BD.jpeg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I’m using a fountain as a nursery for my floating plants.
They weren’t doing too much in the pond. I was worried they would die off from no fish waste to feed off. After looking for something to add I settled on miracle grow. This is one week difference.
The only plant I added since the first picture was taken is the floating lettuce plant on the right side. Just since yesterday that floating lettuce is already sending off a baby?
View attachment 1423847
Wow! My Mother used Miracle grow in her flower and Hosta lilly beds lol. Her Hosta had leaves like her Elephant Ear plants I'm not joking. Miracle Grow is a great product although I never used it.

Reactions: MrsE88

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Wow! My Mother used Miracle grow in her flower and Hosta lilly beds lol. Her Hosta had leaves like her Elephant Ear plants I'm not joking. Miracle Grow is a great product although I never used it.
My mom uses it too. Her plants get huge as well. Lol
I always forget I have it and then don’t use it. It has made a big difference! Of course our current heatwave I’m sure helps too.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
My mom uses it too. Her plants get huge as well. Lol
I always forget I have it and then don’t use it. It has made a big difference! Of course our current heatwave I’m sure helps too.
Yes definitely.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
The fountain is just about filled out. I’ve been toying with the idea of setting up another small pond for growing these guys out in. Some of the water lettuce will get moved to the pond to see if the koi will leave it alone. The little floaters get eaten too fast. I don’t feel like giving them up yet. Haha.
49610EA1-35F0-4FA8-B23C-1C1FFE5873CF.pngC366F52F-F3AB-4CC1-BBAE-D5EBA0AC6AF2.jpeg

Reactions: deeda

Chief Tom

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2020
I run the python hose out the window and the hostas below are loving the fish water. Miracle gro rocks though. Jersey tomatoes love it.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
When I did water changes my tanks in Wisconsin, I would either pour or run the old fish water into my pond as fertilizer for the water plants, (lilies, papyrus, etc) or to the garden. t always eemed to work well.

In summer, pipes would run from sumps in the house, directly toward rain barrels that emptied to the pond, or could be diverted the garden.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store