Freak of nature? Look what I found after stripping a dragon blood today

jcarson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2018
Las Vegas Nevada
www.instagram.com
He did not make it, but I have had several holds from this female and all have yielded a conjoined fry in each batch but I have been unsuccessful rearing. The most long term success has been from a conjoined pair that have been joined at the rib cage region of abdomen and was able to swim in circles in search of food with limited success ( a little over a month)

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
ah that sucks. i'm sure there's some way to rear two headed fry, they do it in asia all the time with arowana and such

Reactions: jcarson

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
That's really unusual to say the least. Got more photos of these oddballs?

Reactions: jcarson and Matteus

TheReefer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
I have seen fry that have two heads, but they rarely make it. They get too many health issues and get outcompeted for food too much. When I bred guppies, when I got conjoined ones I just used them as feeders, it's the most humane thing to do honestly. They usually can barely swim or eat, I hate having to feed them to other fish but it's better than watching them struggle to swim and eat while they slowly die.

Reactions: jcarson

jcarson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2018
Las Vegas Nevada
www.instagram.com
I have seen fry that have two heads, but they rarely make it. They get too many health issues and get outcompeted for food too much. When I bred guppies, when I got conjoined ones I just used them as feeders, it's the most humane thing to do honestly. They usually can barely swim or eat, I hate having to feed them to other fish but it's better than watching them struggle to swim and eat while they slowly die.

Thats very humane and a nice way to handle it. Thank you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store