Freshwater Crabs

Kain

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2006
Cali
oddball, can you get pics of the blue malawi crabs? From my experience, fiddlers are fine with plants but I once had a red claw crab chop up my amazon sword. They would clip away at base of the leaves until they remove the entire leaf...then move on to the next...

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
These picks of the Malawi blue crab (Potomonautes orbitspinus) are all by Crileson,

Potamonautesorbitospinus1.jpg

Potamonautesorbitospinus2.jpg

Potamonautesorbitospinus4.jpg

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
my fiddlers dont come above water at all now and there doing fine. when i first got them they always found a way to clime out and i would find them in my house

ja__

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2005
norway
have any of you ***s tryed aeglas? a freshwater "crab" from brazil wich also reproduces in freshwater its also not that agressive as the malawi blue and can be kept together in small tanks without problems:)

jemarcus

Feeder Fish
Feb 1, 2006
Singapore
as far as i know of, most crabs are scavengers, so they eat almost anything in their way. that includes plants. so its best not to put plants with them. some day when u just forget to feed them, u'll find your plant eaten. but on other days even when u feed them, u'll find ur plants uprooted. juz a mischievious crab at work i'd say.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store