Freshwater Frogfish

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
I was hoping someone can give me the lowdown on these crazy cool fish.
From my research they are totally freshwater and even change color to match the aquarium.
Which would be amazing.
I always wanted another Angler not sure of I should set up a small saltwater tank or just get one of these!

Last photo is what I really want a jet black Angler fish!

Screenshot_20180607-151746_YouTube.jpg Screenshot_20180607-152050_YouTube.jpg Screenshot_20180607-152248_Firefox.jpg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I was hoping someone can give me the lowdown on these crazy cool fish.
From my research they are totally freshwater and even change color to match the aquarium.
Which would be amazing.
I always wanted another Angler not sure of I should set up a small saltwater tank or just get one of these!

Last photo is what I really want a jet black Angler fish!

View attachment 1318899 View attachment 1318900 View attachment 1318901

Get the Freshwater specie so you don't have to worry about mixing salt for wc's.

Reactions: amazontank

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
Care is similar to regular frogfish, make sure to give them pleasant things to walk/rest on
So they would actually live in total freshwater for life or do you think it's really a brackish water fish.
Seagrest farms mentioned that when they imported them they put them in there brackish system but then mentioned that customers were having total success in completely freshwater.
I wonder how big tg they actually can get!

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
So they would actually live in total freshwater for life or do you think it's really a brackish water fish.
Seagrest farms mentioned that when they imported them they put them in there brackish system but then mentioned that customers were having total success in completely freshwater.
I wonder how big tg they actually can get!
There is a freshwater species,and a brackish type,apparently both can be kept in full fresh.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Do you have any photos of the 2 kinds I been searching and there is not much information on them!
There isn't much info out there,but the true freshwater ones tend to be one color at a time,and the brackish ones tend to have two blotches on them.

Reactions: amazontank
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store