Freshwater jellyfish?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I always thought Jeremy wayde was an idiot...... No offense, lol.
I've got his book, he's had a tough few early years. I'd say he made a success :)

Thyroyalgeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2017
Yeah he seems pretty smart but ya know........ I always kinda feel as if its just a setup. Things happen just to spice up the show like half the other stuff on Nat geo. Although, theres a good watch on there every once in a while. It might be I don't like Jeremy cause he reminds me a bit of a very AGGRAVATING neighbor I had.

Thyroyalgeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2017
Its lake Palau. Out of 57 lakes there, 20 of them have huge populations of golden jellies, but there has been a decline recently though. The lake is brackish, because the ocean leaks in through the limestone vents, but it rains into the saltwater mix, thus, brackish

Reactions: SantaMonicaHelp

Omrit

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2015
They have simplified jellyfish keeping saltwater jellies from what I understand. You buy like a circle shaped aquarium that makes the jellyfish flow in a circle(so they do not bump glass too much) and just insert food periodically. Perhaps such an aquarium could be used to keep freshwater jellies.

Here is a link to the people that make them. https://www.jellytank.com/shop/jellyfish-aquarium/ pretty interesting. Although I think the novelty would ware off fast since they are about as cognitive as a carnivorous plant.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store