freshwater moray eel

Peackockbasslove

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2017
hello i just got a gymnothorax tile and would like some additional info atm the moment he is about 14-15 inches in a 75 corner tank with a salinity of 1.017 in the tank i have some plants black sand and LOTS of manzanita wood in the tank it was my puffer tank but i saw this little guy in my lfs and couldn't leave him and a friend of mine was overjoyed to have the puffers i have a 150 in my garage for him when he gets a bit older the tank has a glass lid and that is pretty much it. Now i have a couple questions what are his possible tank mates? how fast will he grow? and can i keep another brackish water moray with him? this is my first eel and so far i love him any other info is welcome and thanked

john_lord_b3

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2017
sites.google.com
hello i just got a gymnothorax tile and would like some additional info atm the moment he is about 14-15 inches in a 75 corner tank with a salinity of 1.017 in the tank i have some plants black sand and LOTS of manzanita wood in the tank it was my puffer tank but i saw this little guy in my lfs and couldn't leave him and a friend of mine was overjoyed to have the puffers i have a 150 in my garage for him when he gets a bit older the tank has a glass lid and that is pretty much it. Now i have a couple questions what are his possible tank mates? how fast will he grow? and can i keep another brackish water moray with him? this is my first eel and so far i love him any other info is welcome and thanked
brackish morays has unique personalities for each individuels.. for example, my echidna rhodochiluses and gymnothorax polyuranodons are doing just fine together despite being put in the aquarium in different time periods. No aggression whatsoever. They will steal food from each other's mouths though; that's why I gave away my two uropterygius micropterus (snake morays) because they are too slow and always got their food stolen. As for G. Tile, I never kept any of them for an extended period of time, but from the experiences of my fellow moray-keepers, G. Tile is a bit more aggressive than most other brackish morays, and if you plan to keep more than one G. Tile in an aquarium, usually the best way to do is to put them all at the same time, so that none of them will feel the need to establish "seniority". Or, before putting the new one, re-arrange the aquarium so it become "as if new", and thus both the older eel and the newer eel would feel like "being put in a new home".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store