Freshwater Moray Eels

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
oh dear.....I just got mine from a FW set-up on Friday (I think) and they are still only in FW, but they are both like 14"-16"....should I be graduating them to brackish soon or let them acclimate for a few weeks......or months 1st?
I made sure mine was eating and comfortable before I slowly switched it over. Every week when I do wc I would increase the salt till I got to 1.012 and kept it there.

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
oh dear.....I just got mine from a FW set-up on Friday (I think) and they are still only in FW, but they are both like 14"-16"....should I be graduating them to brackish soon or let them acclimate for a few weeks......or months 1st?
I made sure mine was eating and comfortable before I slowly switched it over. Every week when I do wc I would increase the salt till I got to 1.012 and kept it there.

Reactions: Frank Castle

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Only reason I got out of saltwater is because I made a big mistake that cost me my snowflake moray eel. It was close to 2ft. I moved to a new place and I was in a rush to get the water setup for it. Salt wasn't totally dissolved and temp was off. I was so disappointed so I switched back to fresh. Maybe some day I'll get back into saltwater cause eels are what drew me to saltwater.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Only reason I got out of saltwater is because I made a big mistake that cost me my snowflake moray eel. It was close to 2ft. I moved to a new place and I was in a rush to get the water setup for it. Salt wasn't totally dissolved and temp was off. I was so disappointed so I switched back to fresh. Maybe some day I'll get back into saltwater cause eels are what drew me to saltwater.
Dude, that SUCKS. I gotta break out some frozen food tonight for my little homiies lol How often will they eat? I tried some pellets but I forgot to count them out so I would know if they ate any when I counted the # floating on the surface a few hours later.....I THINK they ate a few....it really looked I dropped a lot more in than when I re-counted later.

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
I really couldn't say how much to feed. I just feed till they stop eating and take out any leftovers. I'd fast them every other day.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
hello
do y'all think a Gymnothorax tile would work in a 29 Gallon Bio Cube?
IDK, I have 2 little guys in a 30Breeder. I couldn't tell you cuz I don't know how BIG they get. I know it says 24" long, but I got a feeling these things get THICK once they hit 24" and just start growing outwards

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store