Freshwater or Brackish Sharks?

BGG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
guppy said:
Tere is a breeding fw population in Venezuela but the damn things are a foot long at birth and get 10' long and sometimes eat people.
Yep, there are breeding FW populations all over the world - the Zambezi river, the Ganges river, and Lake Nicaragua are some of the locations. I havn't heard of the population in Venezuela, but I don't doubt it... they've been foud almost 2,000 miles up the Amazon in Peru. And, they've even been found as far north in the Mississippi as Illinois and the Ohio river!

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
dmr said:
Sawfish are not sharks, though they are closely realted. I would suggest to anyone who wants an actual elasmobranch to just settle for a freshwater stingray...closest thing to a shark that you can realalisticly keep in a home aquaria.

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
bull sharks are not really freshwater. they can survive for extended periods in freshwater till their body salts start to drop then they make their way back to the sea. they found all over the world from the mouth of the zambezi in africa to the mississipi in USA. they are also one of the 3 recognised sharks that are dangerous to humans man along with great whites and tiger sharks.

zhuangsw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2005
how about the paroon shark? kong ming? that rocks and can grow till damm big, 8feet in the wild and 4 feed in captivity? (any1 knows? can correct me if i am wrong. thanks).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store