freshwater trevally and other pets

mikko boy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2008
Kingsville
how are they in you tank? how long have you kept them? mine just died, tsk, i think it need acclimatization.

ill need to buy again... their indo-pacific tarpons right?:D

pupumole

In Loving Memory
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
sfbay
yep indo tarpons : ) mine is a dumb one from what i heard...it swims against the glass all day xD but it eats floating freeze dried shrimp... i didnt really acclimate it when i first got it.... and believe it or not, tarpon r quite nonaggressive fish.... they always get scales scratched up if u have something like a perch in the tank...

mikko boy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2008
Kingsville
i asked a friend that has a courier service, he says he's not familiar with sending live specimens because they are more on documents but he promised to ask around how it would go. do you know how should i prepare the fish for transportation if ever its gonna na be possible? like for example, the packaging and the oxygen of the fish?

mikko boy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2008
Kingsville
my tarpon just settled when i release it on the bottom and just flipped its tail on a steady position. probably i got a sick one... anyways, i will buy again on sunday. i'm more on keeping game fish in my tank:D

pupumole

In Loving Memory
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
sfbay
i love keepin game fish in my tank too xD not US local game fish though cuz thats illegal xD.... exotic game fish ^^

pupumole

In Loving Memory
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
sfbay
haha ... well... depends on ur definition of game fish xD a piraiba that i own would be consider a game fish in the amazon .... pretty sure a bichir would be a game fish for some locals in africa o_O ? cichla pinima as game fish in some part of the world??? haha .... dunno.... but the actual game fish that im thinking of getting is trevally , swordspine snook, grouper, mangrove jack( which i wont bother to try since they r too meanxD ) .... im workin on gettin some snooks , and hopefully some trevally from ya ; ) the grouper, ehh, when i have money xD

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store