Friends of piranha?

bonus

Feeder Fish
Oct 13, 2005
Portland, Maine
I have a three inch piranha and am looking for a friend for him. He ate all the other piranha and the barracuda that used to live w/ him. I was thinking of getting an African Tiger Fish. Any suggestions?

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
What kind of piranfa? If it is a serrasalmus, nothing goes well with them, If it is a pygo then other same species, same size fish. If you add a african tiger fish one or the other will be eaten, this is true of other fish also. Piranha don't play well with others.

TeethKeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Indiana
I had a pleco last about 2 years with my rhom, he was really good at hiding but one day he was gone ? P's don't like friends Good luck

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
piranhas do not have any reliable tankmates. if you want more fish and more variety, get rid of the piranhas.

xdefton3sx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2005
allentown
ghost shrimp its good cheap temporary companion that will act as clean up crew until they're eaten, other than that a pleco, my pygo's wont touch em

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
if the tank is large enough and the P is big enough you could get a large school of Exodon paradoxus. they are small and very fast and agile fish. hell they may even nip at the P every now and then. at the old lfs i used to work at id throw all the culls in the Exodons tank and watch the mini feeding frenzy. cool fish. just an idea. nothing is sure fire

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
I would put in plecos with my rbps and they would be fine for months them one morning I would just have an empty pleco head.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store