Frightened for my Oscar!

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Just now, my Oscar Brick swallowed a plant weight. I tried to get him to spit it out but he wouldn't...it fell to the bottom and he grabbed it lightning fast before I could reach it.

What to do?!! :cry:

Its one of those metal strip pieces you bend. I was somewhat curled. I don't want to lose my Oscar!!!!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Just now, my Oscar Brick swallowed a plant weight. I tried to get him to spit it out but he wouldn't...it fell to the bottom and he grabbed it lightning fast before I could reach it.

What to do?!! :cry:

Its one of those metal strip pieces you bend. I was somewhat curled. I don't want to lose my Oscar!!!!
Sorry to hear that hopefully the Oscar regurgitate's the plant anchor.

Reactions: islandguy11

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Also check around the tank, he may spit it out without you knowing it.
I am nervously optimistic. I saw a piece in his area that wasn't there. But I don't remember if its a piece that was just under some sand from before...going to check on him. He's been acting completely normal , swimming, chasing fish and showed appetite. I soaked a couple of pellets in olive oil which he sort of ate. I won't give him meal worms until I feel its safe.

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Update Brick is still acting completely normal. He dug a pit where I found the piece, poked at his basketball and shows no discomfort. I know nothing about how long it takes for anything to move through an O's digestive system.

Reactions: tlindsey

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
How is brick this morning? Still acting normal?
Just got home from work and did another check. Not only is Brick okay, he's actually eating pellets again! Played with his basketball and seems completely normal. Was waiting for dinner at the front (along with the other characters). No bulges or anything. I'm starting to think that piece I found in his dig hole is the one he hucked up. Will still monitor, but good so far.

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
Glad to hear your wish is well, got any pics of this basketball activity?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store