Friller2009's Guess that reptile!

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
Figured I'd do one of these to test some of our other reptile fans on MFK.
Majority of these reptiles will be rarer, less known species.
No reverse image searching.
Each day, (Australian Eastern Standard Time) A new reptile to be guessed will be added.
However if it is guessed correctly, a new reptile will be added in the same day.
I will be keeping track of scores, Because Competition!
Good luck!

To start off with here it is!
1652834831647.png

Reactions: 1 2many and Deadeye

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
Figured I'd do one of these to test some of our other reptile fans on MFK.
Majority of these reptiles will be rarer, less known species.
No reverse image searching.
Each day, (Australian Eastern Standard Time) A new reptile to be guessed will be added.
However if it is guessed correctly, a new reptile will be added in the same day.
I will be keeping track of scores, Because Competition!
Good luck!

To start off with here it is!
View attachment 1495207
It does look like a Pogona species to me; but all I know is that it's not P. vitticeps, P. barbata, P. henrylawsonii, or P. minor, and unfortunately I don't know any others. Perhaps Deadeye is right in assuming that it's a similar agamid. I definitely think it's an Australian native, though, because, well, it looks like one, and you're an Aussie yourself. Then again, I'm probably wrong.

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
It does look like a Pogona species to me; but all I know is that it's not P. vitticeps, P. barbata, P. henrylawsonii, or P. minor, and unfortunately I don't know any others. Perhaps Deadeye is right in assuming that it's a similar agamid. I definitely think it's an Australian native, though, because, well, it looks like one, and you're an Aussie yourself. Then again, I'm probably wrong.
it is indeed a Pogona, however it is not one of the ones that you have said. It is an Aussie native, thought I might start with a relative of a common species that not many people know about. They are found in the North Western part of Australia

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
Kelly_Aquatics Kelly_Aquatics , xenacanth9 xenacanth9 , The Masked Shadow The Masked Shadow

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Pogona Microlepidota. Cook sounds like an Australian last name (maybe you should cover up the name on the bottom left). I’m just kidding! Head looks like a Beardie, so I just looked at a couple pictures.

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
Pogona Microlepidota. Cook sounds like an Australian last name (maybe you should cover up the name on the bottom left). I’m just kidding! Head looks like a Beardie, so I just looked at a couple pictures.
Spot on! Didn't think about that...

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
It looks to me like an alligator because of a U shaped snout, however, it probably is a croc because the terms around the world are different. My guesses are all probably wrong:

Cuban, mugger crocodiles, and American alligator.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store