Frontosa Identification Please

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Sorry but frontosas are really hard to tell apart when they are this young. It is for me anyways. It can also be hard to identify certain types when they are older as well. You'll probably have to wait till they get a lot older and then it might be possible to identify them.

Somebody else on here might be able to identify them for you though.

ChosenOne

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Central MA
Could be a cross. Kigoma x Burundi.

Some of them have seven bars. The stripes aren't solid and merge. But then again it could get like that from inbreeding Burundi's too.

twk1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2005
Home
They do look like burundi's and very poor quality, some of the stripes are split and some even appear where there not suppose to.

BDawg364

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2006
Milledgeville/Alpharetta
I really don't like when it seems as if someone likes their new fish and someone goes on here and says it is "poor quality." It sounds very condescending, and I know I wouldn't like it. It may not be a perfect specimen of its breed, but it is still a nice fish. Those front are beautiful, I am actually trying to get my hands on a few fronts myself. If anyone breeds these and would be interested in selling a few, please PM me.

SphericalCube

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2006
Arlington, Tx
goomba.predatoryfish.net
I just picked up 4 Fronts at Keller Farms. The look like Burundi's and two of them have split bars, one looking like it has 7 but 2 in the middle are just too close together, they're barely apart enough to be 2 bars. Is this a sign of inbreeding or poor genetic material? I'm trying to set up to breed them someday and I'll take them back up to the store and exchange if y'all think I should. Thanks.

--Jimmy

The one in the top left here is the other one with the separated bars. It's not near as noticable though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store