Frontosa with smaller cichlids?

Cichlid23

Gambusia
Original poster
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Austin
I currently have a 110 gallon aquarium that's the standard 72" long. I have 4 frontosas ranging from 3 to 5 inches. There is also two Julidochromis marlieri around 2 inches, a tropheus moliro at 3 inches, and two brichardi 3 inches. I'm also thinking about adding a leleupi or two but I don't know about that yet. The only ones I'm really worried about is the frontosa though. I would love to add some shell dwellers, but I know that's huge size difference. When I added the julidochromis they were a little under a inch but the biggest fronosa at 5 didn't care. I know they still have a lot of growing to do but I was wondering if any of you guys have ever tried this or heard of people who did?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Thomas Lindsey Sr.
I currently have a 110 gallon aquarium that's the standard 72" long. I have 4 frontosas ranging from 3 to 5 inches. There is also two Julidochromis marlieri around 2 inches, a tropheus moliro at 3 inches, and two brichardi 3 inches. I'm also thinking about adding a leleupi or two but I don't know about that yet. The only ones I'm really worried about is the frontosa though. I would love to add some shell dwellers, but I know that's huge size difference. When I added the julidochromis they were a little under a inch but the biggest fronosa at 5 didn't care. I know they still have a lot of growing to do but I was wondering if any of you guys have ever tried this or heard of people who did?
Hope this helpshttps://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/frontosa-tankmates-suggestions.712031/#post-8033156

Reactions: Coryloach

Galantspeedz

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
My frontosas has never touched my mbuna fries as far as I know... not sure if this info helps

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store