Fuelleborni ??

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
straitjacketstar;967884; said:
Still nothing different to sway me from my initial post. Many of the commonly sold Labeootropheus aren't pure fuelleborni or trewavasae as it is. This guy doesn't look like an exception. The degenration of the rostrum doesn't help. Still a nice fish though. :)
okay thanks .. just checking:D

Scotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2005
George, South Africa
Red Devil;966918; said:
Here are a couple new pics.. much better.. maybe you can tell me now..thanks
Hi Liz, still rather difficult to tell. I would like to suggest it is a Labeotropheus fuelleborni, but which one is hard to tell. They are found through out the Lake
so who knows! That is why it is important for the person breedind fish to keep a good register of the fish they have and the location they are originally from. Have a Petshop, here in my home town, and the owners write alsorts of funny names for the mbuna they keep. Absolutely frustrating.
Great looking fish though. Will be posting a coupl of new pics of some of the new fish, wild caughts, I bought a week ago. Tank is 800l.
:naughty: :ROFL: :headbang2 :nilly:

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Scotty;973235; said:
Hi Liz, still rather difficult to tell. I would like to suggest it is a Labeotropheus fuelleborni, but which one is hard to tell. They are found through out the Lake
so who knows! That is why it is important for the person breedind fish to keep a good register of the fish they have and the location they are originally from. Have a Petshop, here in my home town, and the owners write alsorts of funny names for the mbuna they keep. Absolutely frustrating.
Great looking fish though. Will be posting a coupl of new pics of some of the new fish, wild caughts, I bought a week ago. Tank is 800l.
:naughty: :ROFL: :headbang2 :nilly:
Thats okay... i am happy even if he is hybrid since he is in with two pacu {platter size} who watch over him.. he has been with them for 8 months since he was beaten up by a gang of african cichlids who thought his mouth looked funny:grinno: Looking forward to seeing your pics..as always....

Scotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2005
George, South Africa
I posted a few pic's of my new 800l. There is a Lab. fuelleborni Katale in the second pic. Have just found 4 more females carrying today. I have around 350-380 breeding stock and around 3-500 fry at various stages of growth. Will keep out some as additional breeding stock and then move the remainder onto various pet shops. I wish I was able to move into the USA market with the F1 fry.

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Scotty;974909; said:
I posted a few pic's of my new 800l. There is a Lab. fuelleborni Katale in the second pic. Have just found 4 more females carrying today. I have around 350-380 breeding stock and around 3-500 fry at various stages of growth. Will keep out some as additional breeding stock and then move the remainder onto various pet shops. I wish I was able to move into the USA market with the F1 fry.
i will go look.. i wish you were able to come into USA too.. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store