fully aquatic turtles

mudskipper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Hastings, NE
Fried_fish said:
soft shell turtle is a good substitute for fly river turtle
I love those things!! lfs has one that I hold every other time I am there. You sure its sutable for fully aquatic? They have a layer of muscle below there shell. I imagine it would be difficult to get tankmates sutable for them. If they are to aggresive then the softshell part is a consern, and since they hunt, slow fish are out

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
mudskipper said:
I love those things!! lfs has one that I hold every other time I am there. You sure its sutable for fully aquatic? They have a layer of muscle below there shell. I imagine it would be difficult to get tankmates sutable for them. If they are to aggresive then the softshell part is a consern, and since they hunt, slow fish are out
Sounds tough to find tank mates...

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
I keep Herbie with all of my pikes, all he is interested in are the algae wafers really. Tis a really low maintence turtle....i got lucky and did a trade of some of my fish for him. All yaz have to do is keep up on waterchanges, give lots of veggies, and 'scrub' their shell once every other week or so to keep algae off. I use a sponge...;). But yeah, FRT are AWESOME! Gotta love em! I know i love Herbie! :D

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Peanut_Power said:
I keep Herbie with all of my pikes, all he is interested in are the algae wafers really. Tis a really low maintence turtle....i got lucky and did a trade of some of my fish for him. All yaz have to do is keep up on waterchanges, give lots of veggies, and 'scrub' their shell once every other week or so to keep algae off. I use a sponge...;). But yeah, FRT are AWESOME! Gotta love em! I know i love Herbie! :D
Herbie? You named a turtle after an ugly talking car? :ROFL:

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Still goes with the reptiles, several threads their about FRTs

dtgshark

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2005
here
mata mata is also a freshwater aquatic turtle but they would eat fish that they can catch unlike a FRT.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store