Fully Aquatic Turtles?

Chad55

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Michigan
Are there any and if so wat size tank do they need? Just curious maybe think of getting one later on down the road. Thanks

Chad

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
i got both....

frtas grow slow... 30-75 should be fine for a few years :)

if you see the frts for sale get em now...

shekes

Jessica Rabbit
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
Toon Town
y u callm "frtas"? they eat lot of beans?

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
LOL

im in a hurry...but i just relized its only 7:30 LOL

FormulatedFire

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2005
Baltimore, Md
red ear sliders are almost totally aquatic....they come up for air once in awhile.....but my friends rarely come up on the turtle landing....and he has three babies in a 55g....but mature adults will prolly need a pond

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
I would say farters (haha... silly rayman) or softshells, although softshells will use a basking spot once in a while if given a chance. Usually don't see them just sittn' there but, I'll see them or hear them splash into the water when I walk in my room. I don't know if I'd put a red eared slider in an all aquatic set-up. I have heard stories of them drowning in fish tanks. I imagine it would happen in a set-up that had water much deeper than the length of the turtles shell. This has never happened to me though. Just what I have heard.

quix

Candiru
MFK Member
May 20, 2005
Singapore
FormulatedFire said:
red ear sliders are almost totally aquatic....they come up for air once in awhile.....but my friends rarely come up on the turtle landing....and he has three babies in a 55g....but mature adults will prolly need a pond
red ear sliders are considered semi aquatic...while they are excellent swimmers who love alot of water and depth for swimming ard...they do need a dry land area with a heat lamp (and preferably UV reptile light) for basking..without a basking area to get dry and thermoregulate, the turt's health will be affected and many probs such as respiratory infection, shellrot will most probably develop in time...

Chad55

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Michigan
Alright they have these turtles at my LFS that are about maybe 2" long and they look like they are some sort of soft shell but im not sure. They are only like 20-25 dollars and are really cool. I think they are native to Mich. though cuz they usually have RES and cooters. They are all in a 20 gal. aquarium together with the RES and cooters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store