Future stock list 240 gal

rottbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
West Des Moines, Ia
clown knifes grow quick i would just put them in the big tank now might as well little fish can go in a big tank they will grow faster that way anyways thats the best way in my mind silvers will get along with the clowns but b warned though clowns can get pretty mean thats why i had mine grow up with all the other fish and never fed him live food of course i dont like live feeders except crickets that i breed in my basement

kiloindia

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2006
FL
I pick up my 240 gallon today. I have to drive to Madison, WI today to get it. I'm leaving about noon. About a two hour drive. Are we there yet??!! I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. I'm visiting a huge fish store down there too. Maybe picking up an arowana, and who knows what else? My wife was assuming I was putting this monster 8' tank on her dresser! LOL!!! To my surprise, she has not asked what I spent on the tank yet. The 240 is coming from glasscages in TN. I might be buying a 75 or 90 gal while at the big fish store as well. I'm glad I pay my credit card online and the wifey doesn't see the statement.

kiloindia

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2006
FL
Couple pics moving tank in.......

IMG_4813.JPG

IMG_4820.JPG

IMG_4821.JPG

IMG_4822.JPG

IMG_4826.JPG

IMG_4835.JPG

IMG_4840.JPG

IMG_4845.JPG

kiloindia

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2006
FL
Updated list

3 clown knives (may only be one as adult depending on demeaner)
1 oscar
1 senegal bichir
1 red snook
1 silver arowana (waiting for answer from lfs on ordering)
1 green terror (already have him)
6 silver dollars
2 Severums (already have them, 4 actually)
1 fire eels ( waiting for answer from lfs on ordering)
1 Jack dempsey

If no on the pleco, what would be a good ground cleaner from the messy eaters??
Any suggestions??
My top priority is the clown knife, senegal bichir, fire eel. What would some of you mix with them??

I nixed the midas, sounds to aggressive as adult. I nixed the columbian shark (brakish as adult). Nixed the pleco from someone's advise about being a problem with my bichir. Nixed the pacu and irr sharks as well. Bring on the suggestions friends!! :headbang2

THanks all,
Dave

kody1192

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Illinois
nice tank. I just had them make me a tank 235 gallons (LxWxH) 5' by 3' by 25". looks like a good stocking list.

cciesielski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2006
iowa
www.freewebs.com
clown loaches would be gone the next morning!!
iridescent sharks are going to be fish food too depending on size
especially if you get a silver arrowana
add 3-5 fish every week until they are all in there
put the smaller ones in first!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store