FX5 BUBBLES HELP !!!

azian_kicker

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2010
Water
My Fx5 is 1 months old and it is starting to push a lot of micro fine bubbles out. I Google and read a lot of threads about this problem and most of people think the reason is because it clogged inside. So I cleaned my FX5 very well yesterday morning and make sure nothing can clog but for the entire day yesterday until now (more than 24 hours) it is still pushing a lot of those fine bubbles out. ALSO I did check all the hoses, tight the top down very well and no leaks anywhere. So for sure there is no way air can go in the filter. I'm thinking it is because things INSIDE it. The impeller still work very quiet not noisy at all. ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX IT. PLEASE HELP !!!!!!

zerojquan85

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2008
So-California, US

Poklei

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 13, 2009
Las vegas
whats wrong with bubbles good for fish, btw if u have a bubbler in ur tank the fx5 will suck those dispersed bubbles up easily so prolly why the bubbles build up in the filter and come out.

azian_kicker

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2010
Water
The thing is it doesnt seem like it will stop pushing out bubbles and it makes the water look kinda hazzy.

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
Polishing pads, Are you using them?

coachresue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2009
NY
Mine started shooting out the micro bubbles around month 3 of use. Around month 6 or so I found out that it you shake the unit around back and forth for a second, they stop for about a day or 2... Try it! lol

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
Air is being introduced (leaking) on the suction side of the impeller...If it were on the pressure side it would show itself as a leak...;)

Clean the gasket on the lid really good, do not over tighten the lid when you put it back together...

check the seals on the valves as well...

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
zennzzo;4149763; said:
Air is being introduced (leaking) on the suction side of the impeller...If it were on the pressure side it would show itself as a leak...;)

Clean the gasket on the lid really good, do not over tighten the lid when you put it back together...

check the seals on the valves as well...
this is really good advice. I also like to wiggle the hoses where they attach to the can. That seems to help as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store