Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

FYI: diy $2 glass lids!

Discussion in 'General Aquaria Discussion' started by SwampFins, Feb 11, 2019.

1. SwampFins

SwampFins Exodon

Yesterday at 8:15 AM
      This might be obvious to some but I just went to the dollar store and grabbed two 8x10 picture frames.

I took the glass out of the frames and put it on top of my 20gallon long. No cutting necessary at all, they fit perfectly with a little extra long wise so you can slide them on top of each other.

Beats paying $20 for glass at the big chain store!

20190211_175737.jpg

imabot, blown4cylinder, Dloks and 3 others like this.
    2. Giant Val

Giant Val Exodon

Today at 12:09 AM
      Be careful, it's probably very thin and a lot more fragile than normal lids.

Gourami Swami likes this.
    3. SwampFins

SwampFins Exodon

Yesterday at 8:15 AM

Yes, its definitely thinner than regular glass lids. I would not recommend it if you have any glass-banging cichlids like Oscar's lol.

But if you have smaller species or your fish dont do that, it's a great option.

4. MrsE88

MrsE88 Bronze Tier VIP

Kathryn
      Yesterday at 8:39 PM
      Not a bad idea for a small tank. I might just do that for my 10g that has no lid. Thanks!

Another idea now that I think about it is craft glass at menards. They have bigger pieces for good prices too.

SwampFins likes this.
    5. Backfromthedead

Backfromthedead Redtail Catfish

Joe roades
      Yesterday at 11:13 PM
      I got glass tops cut to size for my 150 for around $10. Thin glass is cheap fosho.