FYI, don't try this at home

squint

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
CO
The article did not mention the product name but a search of the ingredient cited in the article lists Ich treatment and algae control.
It's an antiprotozoal drug...so why is it in "fish tank cleaner?"

When I think of fish tank cleaner I think about an algae scrubber and my arms and changing water. You don't clean aquariums in the same manner as toilet bowls. It's mechanical not chemical.

The closest possible product are those sludge removers which are probably fairly harmless bacteria. Still no chemicals.

The media makes it sound like "fish tank cleaner" is like brake rotor, drain, or toilet cleaner.

Tj203

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2019
And the Darwin award goes too. This might sound bad but I look at this as thinning out the herd. I dont know how they made it to the ages they were but if you are that stupid good ridings.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

squint

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
CO
Chloroquine phosphate in "fish tank cleaner" is 99.5% pure but the tablets for humans are only around 65% pure so what went wrong?

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Chloroquine phosphate in "fish tank cleaner" is 99.5% pure but the tablets for humans are only around 65% pure so what went wrong?
Humans can also ingest a small amount of iron, it's actually required by our bodies that we have an iron intake, but if you eat a large amount of iron your body will have iron poisoning. The same can happen with almost any nutrient that our bodies require. If we all started using 100% oxygen we can even go thru oxygen poisoning as well as our bodies are not wired to intake that much on a continuous basis. Even those that need portable oxygen tanks to breathe aren't breathing 100% pure oxygen as the masks they use have holes in the sides to allow other gasses in as well. The lesson is is that too much of a good thing can always turn out to be bad.

Reactions: tlindsey

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Humans can also ingest a small amount of iron, it's actually required by our bodies that we have an iron intake, but if you eat a large amount of iron your body will have iron poisoning. The same can happen with almost any nutrient that our bodies require. If we all started using 100% oxygen we can even go thru oxygen poisoning as well as our bodies are not wired to intake that much on a continuous basis. Even those that need portable oxygen tanks to breathe aren't breathing 100% pure oxygen as the masks they use have holes in the sides to allow other gasses in as well. The lesson is is that too much of a good thing can always turn out to be bad.
a chemist once said:
Everything is toxic depending on the dose.

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
If you hold your breath after contracting Covid-19 it will kill the virus ?

• Haha
Reactions: The Masked Shadow
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store