gar breeding

RareExoticFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
Okanagan
I have never seen it done in a tank but i know a guy who bred cuban gars in a 100000 pond which was in his backyard.
I don't even think it is possible for a gar to breed in anything less then a 10,000 gallon tank/pond.

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
I have never seen it done in a tank but i know a guy who bred cuban gars in a 100000 pond which was in his backyard.
I don't even think it is possible for a gar to breed in anything less then a 10,000 gallon tank/pond.
It is very possible to spawn them in something much smaller and it has been done.

Charles E Washington

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2016
I just ran across an old thread about a guy in costa rica breeding gar. Has anyone else here had any luck with breeding gar?
I went fishing to Barnall lake in Tulsa and caught the weirdest fish.I took it home and clean it...Im waiting to cokk it..I started to read about it and it is a interesting breed..I would love to breed it..They lay a lot of eggs...Good prices for it two

Charles E Washington

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2016
I went fishing to Barnall lake in Tulsa and caught the weirdest fish.I took it home and clean it...Im waiting to cokk it..I started to read about it and it is a interesting breed..I would love to breed it..They lay a lot of eggs...Good prices for it two
They are alligator gar they do a lot with their tough skin...

Charles E Washington

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2016
Still debating if i should start a family of gars...I dnt know the price for them is quite pricely....If you like eating or admiring them...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store