Gar feeders

agra perera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2014
sri lanka
Its like this. After I get two packets of fish food its going to last only two days

Sent from my SM-T211 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lunker65

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2013
Virginia
That 30 bucks was for over a pound of food. That's a good amount of food. My bullhead is a heavy feeder as well. When I would dump feeder fish in there it would eat a good 6 or 7- 3in fish at within a few mins. He still eats the most out of all of them but after a while the gar will learn to get up there and get some food before it's gone. It does not hurt the gar to go without food for a while either. Mine sometimes just choose not to eat for a month or two. Even in the wild, I have never caught a gar with anything in its stomach when I cleaned it. Always completely empty.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

agra perera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2014
sri lanka
I mean large packets of pellets. Iv got 14 pacus . So no food left for the gar. Thats why im looking for types of feeder fish

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
Put frozen foods like tilapia or shrimp on a feeding stick for the gar

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
Can I feed worms

Yes, but they are messy unless you cut them into easily swallowed pieces. They will hit the worms either way, and chew them into the size that they are comfortable with, at the expense of slimming up your tank. Always wash the worm well before feeding to your fish.

Worms also can carry parasites.

verawrf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2014
Florida
Platys, mollys, guppies...anything in size range that you can get for cheap, and that isn't a goldfish will work fine. As for the worms, I do feed my florida gar earthworms occasionally. Sometimes they get them wrapped around their top jaw and its kind of scary. Not sure if it really does any harm but it definitely freaks them out. And on occasion I have had to help them get it dislodged.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store