Gar Identification - Post your Gar to be ID'd HERE!!

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
those thing go for pretty much money in my areas! because I haven't seen any of them in the LFSs around here! gator gar seem pretty cheap, I can go to the river and hook one quite easy!

Hoyo12

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2009
WI
fishsanctuary.webs.com
Never heard back from the guy once I told him that $60 was a bit too pricey for a Florida, lol. Apparently he disagreed. Almost got one at 14" for $20 at my LFS! Didn't jump on it time though..

HungDang;5158474; said:
those thing go for pretty much money in my areas! because I haven't seen any of them in the LFSs around here! gator gar seem pretty cheap, I can go to the river and hook one quite easy!
If only it was the same way here, lol, wish I lived closer! Wouldn't mind trying a Gator Gar myself. :D

joe00

Ghost Shrimp
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Rockford, IL
I do realiize that this picture is fairly lousy, but any help with an ID on this gar that came out of the Big Muddy River in Union county Illinois would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

union county gar pic full body.jpg

Wiggles92

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
Pennsylvania
I do realiize that this picture is fairly lousy, but any help with an ID on this gar that came out of the Big Muddy River in Union county Illinois would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Hmm... I'm thinking longnose gar on this one based on the proportions of the body, but something seems off...

Is this gar at the Shedd Aquarium, by chance? If so, then definitely have some ideas as to what it may be.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store