Garage pool pond...first phase

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Will the K1 clog that strainer? Have you tested this out yet, or are you posting as it is happening? Also what do you have for mechanical filtration,Is there floss somewhere or something I am not seeing.

this looks amazing, I am interested to see how it all works out.

Charlied81

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2021
Pa
Will the K1 clog that strainer? Have you tested this out yet, or are you posting as it is happening?

this looks amazing, I am interested to see how it all works
I am posting pics as I go for myself and anyone who may be interested. I am waiting for my gate valve to come in the mail to seal the drain. I cut slots in the drain with a miter saw. The k1 won't fit through them plus there will be a lot of flow. I got this idea if you look up a guy on YouTube named Jeff the Executioner you will see how to make this and a parts list. I tested it without the media in it and worked amazing.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Very cool. I am not trying to poke holes in your plan, just trying to get an idea of how it works. I am always on the lookout for new ideas on how to use all the k1 I have sitting at my house currently. Have thought about doing something like this but just not exactly sure how I want it to roll out yet.

thank you for sharing your journey.

Reactions: Bbuckley

Charlied81

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2021
Pa
Very cool. I am not trying to poke holes in your plan, just trying to get an idea of how it works. I am always on the lookout for new ideas on how to use all the k1 I have sitting at my house currently. Have thought about doing something like this but just not exactly sure how I want it to roll out yet.

thank you for sharing your journey.
I didn't think you were poking holes in my plans just asking questions. That's what we do. I am figuring things out as I go also. I plan on taking some of the k1 and using water bottles with airstones and making in tank filters as well.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I didn't think you were poking holes in my plans just asking questions. That's what we do. I am figuring things out as I go also. I plan on taking some of the k1 and using water bottles with airstones and making in tank filters as well.
I watched a few of his videos. Fairly interesting how he uses the static k1 as the mechanical filtration. I have a feeling I may adopt something like this at some point in my journey, thanks again for sharing.

Reactions: Charlied81

Charlied81

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2021
Pa
I watched a few of his videos. Fairly interesting how he uses the static k1 as the mechanical filtration. I have a feeling I may adopt something like this at some point in my journey, thanks again for sharing.
I got my gate valve I have been waiting for in the mail today. When I get home from work tonight I will be starting this up and testing it. Very exciting stuff!!

• Love
Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store