Garmy

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
small one is 12” and large is 14-15”. The 12” one is the mean one
Interesting. My cubans were always more aggressive than the tropical. The larger two Cubans are chill now. But the smaller ones are pretty aggressive.

Leebtattoos

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2012
Lampasas, Texas
Interesting. My cubans were always more aggressive than the tropical. The larger two Cubans are chill now. But the smaller ones are pretty aggressive.
everyone and everything I read, said the same. That’s why I bought my trops first. But if you look at my thread about the pectoral fin, one of the trops ripped it clean off. And the tail was shredded some too. At the same time, the large trop also had signs of being beat up on. So I ruled it out to the little tropical. After moving the Cuban, his gold color has REALLY come out. His tail is back to perfect and his pectoral is growing back. All be it kinda goofy looking, it’s a working fun again. And he’s probably grown an inch literally in this last month. I have been spoiling him a lot with cut fish and silversides.

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
everyone and everything I read, said the same. That’s why I bought my trops first. But if you look at my thread about the pectoral fin, one of the trops ripped it clean off. And the tail was shredded some too. At the same time, the large trop also had signs of being beat up on. So I ruled it out to the little tropical. After moving the Cuban, his gold color has REALLY come out. His tail is back to perfect and his pectoral is growing back. All be it kinda goofy looking, it’s a working fun again. And he’s probably grown an inch literally in this last month. I have been spoiling him a lot with cut fish and silversides.
My gars nip each other once in awhile. But its nothing serious. Have you tried hand feeding the gars? I've been hand feeding them since day 1. It's really awesome.

Reactions: SBM and jaws7777

Leebtattoos

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2012
Lampasas, Texas
Yeah the tropicals are really easy. The Cubans getting better. But he acts like he’s starving on the fist but of fish. Then it’s easier. Yep weird thing is I never saw aggression during feeding. It happened over night. I’d wake up and find issues. Once the Cuban had his fun ripped clean off I decided to isolate him until he’s as big or bigger than the smaller tropical before I reintroduce him Into the large tank.

Reactions: Hao
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store