GARth Vader the lord of the fish

beau1990

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2018
Stanford Kentucky
I thoroughly plan on keeping his skull

Final measurement 13.5in

I am completely crushed I know I keep saying that, he was easily one of my favorite fish, super super interactive personable fish I will return to gar keeping one day. He'd swim up in my hand during waterchanges, nip at fingers loads of fun. I completely recommend them to anyone who is interested in keeping gar

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I thoroughly plan on keeping his skull

Final measurement 13.5in

I am completely crushed I know I keep saying that, he was easily one of my favorite fish, super super interactive personable fish I will return to gar keeping one day. He'd swim up in my hand during waterchanges, nip at fingers loads of fun. I completely recommend them to anyone who is interested in keeping gar
awe man. I’m so sorry. Hard to lose a good fish like that. I am super close to getting my first gar and this thread has been quite inspiring. Good to know they need smaller pieces of feesh.

Reactions: clm08k

beau1990

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2018
Stanford Kentucky
Well Matteus Matteus the thing is I feed different sized pieces for everyone in the tank Garth got tong fed and the larger chunks sank down for the bichirs I fed Garth dumped in the rest and went to bed(as it was past my bed time 3am comes way too fast) and he went for some of their pieces as well. But yes small skinny pieces of feesh

Reactions: Matteus

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
This thread has been a rollercoaster of emotions; however, it ultimately is very heartwarming. Your tanks and fish look great. It's evident you really care for the health and happiness of your fish. It sucks when things like this happen in the hobby. GARth was a good friend and I'm very sorry for your loss. Grief is hard, to say the least, but I hope you come back to gar keeping when you are ready.

beau1990

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2018
Stanford Kentucky
clm08k clm08k oh best believe I'll be back. Waaaaay too cool of a fish to not keep. If anyone has the means and hasn't tried it yet I highly recommend trying gar out to everyone. I miss the murder log

• Love
Reactions: clm08k
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store