Gash in the side of my flowerhorn

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
I had a kelberi that got beat up just like your FH, with red muscle visible. I treated in a quarantine tank (cooler) with 1 table spoon of salt per 5 gallons, methylene blue, and Seachem kanaplex (kanamycin sulfate) to prevent any secondary infection. At 7", he was fine with not eating the first 4 days. He stayed there for 1 week. During the coarse of the week the area turned white, and then black for 2 weeks. After 2 months, you can't tell the wound was ever there since the coloring has returned.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
I had a kelberi that got beat up just like your FH, with red muscle visible. I treated in a quarantine tank (cooler) with 1 table spoon of salt per 5 gallons, methylene blue, and Seachem kanaplex (kanamycin sulfate) to prevent any secondary infection. At 7", he was fine with not eating the first 4 days. He stayed there for 1 week. During the coarse of the week the area turned white, and then black for 2 weeks. After 2 months, you can't tell the wound was ever there since the coloring has returned.

Reactions: kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store