Mar 14, 2006
The End Of The Yellow Brick Road
Yep, called "Liability disclaimer".

Guinness

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2005
Oak Lawn IL
GE Silicone I and II both have fish safe and not fish safe versions. The difference between I and II is in the drying agent. Do not use either that say bath, tile, or anything about mildew control. Use the type that is for window and door. I used GE Silicone I "Window and Door".
Guinness

wangster11235

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2007
pa
i have some that is window and door but has bioseal, plus there is nothing on it that says its not safe for aquairums or that its toxic, it says 100% silicone. will the biseal still be a problem? if it did pose problems how long would it take before the effects would show

KurseD

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2005
the rock...671!!!
i've used GE I to build a 40gal aquarium from scratch. it has lasted over a year with no leaks (leak tested it for 1 week, prior to stocking). i use it as a breeder tank for my cons and so far i've only lost fry in it (expected). i went with it because i need alot of silicone to build a tank and it was alot cheaper then getting the small 4oz. aquarium silicone tubes at my LFS for $18per tube.

Guinness

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2005
Oak Lawn IL
I would not use anything with "Bioseal" but they didn't have anything called bioseal when I built my tank so I can't say for sure.

wangster11235

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2007
pa
i just read on a site if silicon with bioseal is not 100% cured then it kills fish, but when it is cured it is not toxic to fish.

Lucho

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2007
Peru
I have used GE I to build several tanks over the years with no problems of toxicity and/or leaks, true is the biggest tank is just a custom 55 so there is low water pressure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store