German Blue Rams & Tankmates- 20G

Jughead Jones

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2018
LA
I have a 20 Gallon tank (2 ft long) and currently have a pair of German Blue Rams in it. I was wondering what fish should be included with the tank as it looks quite empty with only two GBRs. There's also two african dwarf frogs that don't bother them at all, but I have read that it's a good idea to keep some small schooling fish with rams when you have a smaller like I do. Don't get me wrong, I would love to add some angels or dwarf gouramis but they each get larger than rams do. I'm assuming my best bet is with tetras, but my friend offered me some platies. What is my best option here?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have a 20 Gallon tank (2 ft long) and currently have a pair of German Blue Rams in it. I was wondering what fish should be included with the tank as it looks quite empty with only two GBRs. There's also two african dwarf frogs that don't bother them at all, but I have read that it's a good idea to keep some small schooling fish with rams when you have a smaller like I do. Don't get me wrong, I would love to add some angels or dwarf gouramis but they each get larger than rams do. I'm assuming my best bet is with tetras, but my friend offered me some platies. What is my best option here?

Maybe a group of Pencil fish.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I'd do more, a larger school means more group behaviour and tends to look better too! 5 can work, but 10 would be awesome :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store