Getting back in it. Ig?

Trouser Bark

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2022
I've got a 60 gallon tank that's one of the old stainless Pemco aquariums and I've set it up similarly to yours. I've got an FX6 on it w/ a block of sponge material over the intake and an oversized UV sterilizer on that filter's return line. In the middle of the tank I have a huge water sprite plant that has become the size of a bush and stretches the full length of the tank along with a half dozen anubias along the right / rear of the tank.

I've got a couple dozen wild caught Peruvian Rummy Nose, a few Cory, some constantly breeding Endlers and a large colony of Neocaridina shrimp.

An easy once a week water change is all it takes and the tank's pretty interesting to look at as it always has a school of rummies moving around and the shrimp are everywhere amongst the plants, constantly chowing down on any dead plant matter.

On top of the tank I've got an LED light that's strong enough to grow rocks and because the UV sterilizer's in the filter circuit I never have an algae bloom despite the fact that you'd expect one.

For a guy that's going to school and might occasionally have a crappy schedule a super low maintenance tank might be a good option. Whatever you decide; good luck.

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
I forgot to update this but I did get a fish for the tank! I kinda went a different route then I thought I would Lol. But something caught my eye and I had to do itBBE79F43-EAC5-404E-9EB0-DE5E0FC1F38E.jpeg

Reactions: Kustrud and Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store