Getting Clown Knife to eat Pellets/Dried foods

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2008
hawaii
I have really been wanting to get another Clown Knife, but i dont want to buy/breed feeders this time.

The fish will eventually be going into a 240 (8-2-2-ft) with an oscar, silver arowana, jag, occelaris, and maybe an iridescent shark.

How can i get the CK on pellets?
-what size should I attempt to start the CK on pellets? (sooner the better)
-what brand of pellets
-any easy methods learned from past experience?

Thanks for all the help

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
Easy way to train your CK to eat pellets is to let them settle in your tank and introduced some pellets. Hikari floating stick or hikari massivore delite would be good. If your CK won't accept the pellets, starve it for 2 weeks and introduce the pellets again.

My CK would eat anything from shrimp pellets to any hikari brand sinking and floating pellets.

Reactions: Arkangel77

midnightCK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2008
96815 surf
been supplementing new life spectrum pellets to the lil one i picked up . so the sooner the better is for sure..

smaller tank to watch him eat would work.other fish to help him learn how to eat the usual stuff and learn meal time works too ;)

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2008
hawaii
TTT Thanks for all the help so far. I guess with my first CK i didnt start him on pellets soon enough.

PennReels84

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2008
South Jersey
MINE EATS HAKIRI CARNIVORE SINKING PELLETS!!! he loves em!

jphillips2020

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle
I got mine to eat sinking shrimp pellets. I had to because my Aro would eat everything I put in the tank so I needed something that sunk fast.

PennReels84

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2008
South Jersey
hey my ck wouldnt eat the pellets at first so this is what i did! it might sound dumb but for me it works! i started buying ghost shimp and feeding them the pellets before i would feed them to my ck and my rtc!!! they after a few days i started putting the pellets in the tank. after a few days they where eating the pellets!!!! little trick i learned! cuz they both use to eat rosies and they had a bad parasite infection!!! dont be afraid to not feed them for a few days if they dont eat the pellets! trust me they will eat the pellets when they get hungry enuf!! hope this helps

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2008
hawaii
TTT THanks guys, now i just got to wait till i get my new tank so ill have a place to put him when he grows.

Any body else out there with a few more ideas?

midnightCK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2008
96815 surf
PennReels84;2787616; said:
hey my ck wouldnt eat the pellets at first so this is what i did! it might sound dumb but for me it works! i started buying ghost shimp and feeding them the pellets before i would feed them to my ck and my rtc!!! they after a few days i started putting the pellets in the tank. after a few days they where eating the pellets!!!! little trick i learned! cuz they both use to eat rosies and they had a bad parasite infection!!! dont be afraid to not feed them for a few days if they dont eat the pellets! trust me they will eat the pellets when they get hungry enuf!! hope this helps
lol not dumb scalled gut loading ;)

808 where did u buy a 8by2by2 here? or is it diy?

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2008
hawaii
THe 240(8-2-2-ft) is a DIY plywood tank. Its not finished, but its a work in progress.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store