Getting goonch cat off live food

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
I kept my goonch with my African arowana and pellet trained GATF. for some weird reason my goonch just started eating the pellets for the afro and GATF :/ he was off live easy enough tho. he eventually took the silverside like fish i offered easily

Reactions: Alexkoj

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I'm super late on my response even though I was tagged. I never come on here ever since I don't even keep fish anymore. Are you still having trouble? If so, a month without food is no biggy at all. Everyone's given some very solid advice. Sometimes it'll take a goonch a month just to settle before even eating live. That's how it was for my first goonch. Once it's settled in, it should start taking pellets regardless if there's strong current or not. I've switched them in tanks with and without. Always used massivore cuz it's really stinky and grabs their attention pretty well. Good luck man

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I'm super late on my response even though I was tagged. I never come on here ever since I don't even keep fish anymore. Are you still having trouble? If so, a month without food is no biggy at all. Everyone's given some very solid advice. Sometimes it'll take a goonch a month just to settle before even eating live. That's how it was for my first goonch. Once it's settled in, it should start taking pellets regardless if there's strong current or not. I've switched them in tanks with and without. Always used massivore cuz it's really stinky and grabs their attention pretty well. Good luck man
No excuses Ivan! Get some more fish! :p

Reactions: headbanger_jib

Alexkoj

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2017
The Lion City
Quick update - it’s now taking 1-3 pellets every day. Displaying extremely aggressive behaviour. I’ve decided to give it - and myself - a break today and threw a couple of ghosties in. Short term satisfaction achieved. Goonches are high maintenance but I believe they are still worth keeping.

579FD10A-B37F-420D-BC9D-99E0FCBDA452.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store