Getting into Salt Water, with an octopus!

floridagar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2010
chicago
I'm a supporter for sure. To me that bucket acts like a giant shelter for him to hide, i doubt that little guy knows hes even in a 5 gallon bucket lol Nice and grats. Hope to see that little guy in a tank soon.

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Just read through the whole thread. Freaking awsome man. When they start breeding next year, I'll have to go get me one. I've caught them larger but never considered keeping one.

jpcampbell123

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2011
In the water
I have heard if they get scared and ink the tank it can kill them and also any fish in it too is there any truth to it? i know of a lady who had one for her store it inked her tank at least thats what she claimed

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
i totally want to get one and name it admiral akbar.. xD

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Chompers, he is pretty cool. You should go for it. I have zero salt experience and Im what, three months in now? Still three months is still no success story but I feel he is doing great. I dont feed him much once, maybe twice a week.

He has never inked in the tank. Well he did in the bucket when I first got him he would ink in the bucket during water changes. Now the little guy attacks the syphon during water changes!

The only down side is that I cant keep anything with him. So far the only things that have survived is a big sea slug and some very strange looking slug/snail things neither of which I have a clue how they got in there. He eats any fish, shrimp, turbo snails, hermit crabs, etc that I put in there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store