Getting new clown tomorrow

kiloindia

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2006
FL
I have a 55 gal up and running with 4 severums and 6 firemouths. All quite small. I'm going to move the occupants to a 75 gal. I'm getting a new clown tomorrow. I want to put the clown and a senegal bichir in the 55. Will the bio hold up with just these two little guys in there? The tank is well established now. I actually might try two clowns. They come in about 3-4 inches at my lfs. They will graduate over the next year to a 240 gallon. The 240 will should be up and running by march 1st. Tank coming 2/18. I might even start these squirts out in a 20 gal long for the first few months depending on growth rate. I'm new to this site so I'm gonna also put this on a new thread. Thanks in advance all!!

Dave

P.S. I had a clown for about a month. He was only 3inches. He died last week. I tried feeding an hour after lights out and a few times a week at like 5 am before the others were awake. He was in the 55 gal with the sevs and firemouths. I only saw him eat once. He ate one little bloodworm one night about 12:30 am. The cichlids woke up when they smelled the food, stormed his corner and scared him off. That's why I'm thinking of doing them with just the senegal bichir in a small tank. And move them up in tank size as they grow. Then introduce them to tankmates. I figure a year before I can get them into the 240 gal. Does this sound like the right approach? All advice welcome. :headbang2

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
good luck with this one

rook45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
new jersey
sounds good.....good luck

graham

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2006
portland OR
I have my clown knife in a 75 with 2 jd's and 2 fm's they get along ok. best of luck with the clown knife they are such cool fish.

kiloindia

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2006
FL
Got em last night. Bought 2. Holy cow are they small. Like 2 inches. Will be fun watching them grow. They are setup in a 20 gal by themselves right now. I might put the bichir in tonight.

Dave

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
damn!!! 2in?!! they must have some serious striping

kiloindia

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2006
FL
oh yeah. Not a spot between them.

kiloindia

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2006
FL
Touchy little buggers. One died Saturday night. They other seems okay. He's hiding either in an upside down clay pot, or clear plastic pipe. Never seen him eat yet. I've been using brine shrimp and bloodworm alternating. I use a little plunger syringe to put in about 1/4 of a frozen cube. I hope this one makes it. The lfs got in 4. I bought two and one died. The other two died at the fish store. These are delicate little buggers at this size.

Dave

kiloindia

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2006
FL
Gonna get two more today. If they make it, I can choose later which to keep. I'm sure I can find the other a good home in about a year if I need to. Or just a great reason for another tank!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store