Getting tired of waiting!

Newt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
Michigan's UP
Ordered a tank stand and some other stuff on July 20th (a Wendsday) from a BIG on-line store. Got everything I ordered July 28th BUT the stand.

Called their customer service, asked when to expect the stand, and BTW, where are my double points for ordering on Wendsday?

Very nice lady said sorry, stand is back ordered, will be in by end of July, will e-mail me or call when shipped and don't know why points weren't doubled, will correct right away.

Today, still no word about the stand, points still not credited.

Call customer service again, ask for info on stand, ask if there is a problem with the order and say I'll take another color as sub. if they cannot fill my orginal request.

RUDE lady says (without even asking for my order number, or anything like that, so only info she has is I ordered a stand on July 20th and my first name) the stand came in today and will "probably" ship tomorrow. She was so *****y I just said thank you and didn't even bring up the points thing.

I'm sick of waiting for this stand, can't set up the tank if I have no where to put it!

Sure the price was right, and I LOVE the low prices from this place all-around, but after the way I was treated today I don't know if it's worth ordering from this place again! Just going to wait for my points to be correctly credited, use them up and be done with it!
:mad:

cenecker

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 15, 2005
Eternal, Impenetrable Darkness
Go to the better business bureau's website and look up the company. The BBB ussually lists the number for the corporate office. Don't bother calling customer service or whatever...those people will almost ALWAYS just blow you off and say they can't help you. If you can get through to executive managment people...they are the ones who actually care about your business and will do just about anything to make you happy.

If you call the customer service number and ask for a manager you will probably just get transferred around for an hour and mabye get through to the "manager of telemarketing." Just get the number to the corporate office and call them...its work for me a number of times after some teenager answearing phones told me there was nothing that could be done for me.

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
internet has brought the sales industry into a new erra. You can get anything you ever wanted. But it still pisses me off when someone is being disrespectful over the phone or online just cuase they don't have to look you in the eye. I recently found an ad in Aquarium Fish Mag for tanks. It said $1/gallon! called them up got put on hold and I might as well still be on hold right now.
GOERGE IS GETTIN' MAD!!!

The TRUST

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2005
Miami, FL
newtothis said:
Ordered a tank stand and some other stuff on July 20th (a Wendsday) from a BIG on-line store. Got everything I ordered July 28th BUT the stand.

Called their customer service, asked when to expect the stand, and BTW, where are my double points for ordering on Wendsday?

Very nice lady said sorry, stand is back ordered, will be in by end of July, will e-mail me or call when shipped and don't know why points weren't doubled, will correct right away.

Today, still no word about the stand, points still not credited.

Call customer service again, ask for info on stand, ask if there is a problem with the order and say I'll take another color as sub. if they cannot fill my orginal request.

RUDE lady says (without even asking for my order number, or anything like that, so only info she has is I ordered a stand on July 20th and my first name) the stand came in today and will "probably" ship tomorrow. She was so *****y I just said thank you and didn't even bring up the points thing.

I'm sick of waiting for this stand, can't set up the tank if I have no where to put it!

Sure the price was right, and I LOVE the low prices from this place all-around, but after the way I was treated today I don't know if it's worth ordering from this place again! Just going to wait for my points to be correctly credited, use them up and be done with it!
:mad:

This place wouldn't happen to be Big Al's would it?

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
I have a small business and you would not believe how people will treat the sales person...today I had a guy call and tell me that he had just hung up on someone because they gave him a price he didn't like....(the price wasn't out of line but) people are pissed off at you because they bought something that is a piece of crap when it was new and costs huge money to fix when it breaks.

My point is that sometimes you will get the customer service person with an additude but often the customer is the one that starts off the problem by assuming that the person they have just called is up to speed with their problem.

As an example......I can get new cell phones when I want them and my friends tell me how the h*** did you get new phones for free again? How?... by talking to the person like they are my friend not like they are a customer service person who should know ( THE CUSTOMER IS ALLWAYS RIGHT )

What is the point of all this? I'm not saying you are wrong but I will ask you this....would you have talked to a girl that you were trying to get into bed the way you talked to the customer service person?

Either way you want something and customer service people can go by THE BOOK or they can tell you about "that un advertized special" Think about it.

By the way who was the vender?

Newt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
Michigan's UP
"...would you have talked to a girl that you were trying to get into bed the way you talked to the customer service person?"

LOL, sorry, made me laugh because I'm an 'old' married lady with 2 kids!

Anyways, I know what you are saying about customers being rude, I worked in food service for 5 years, as a waitress, cook, and for the last 2 as a manager. Because of some of the things I have personally experienced I tend to give a lot of slack to people in the CS industry.

That being said, the person who spoke to me today about my order was very rude. It seemed to me that she was just blowing me off, she never said how may I help you and she never asked me for any info regarding the order. I called, I said:

"Hello, I placed an order that included a tank stand on July 20th. I was told that the stand I ordered is back ordered, but would be in by the end of July. I haven't recieved a ship date yet, and was wondering if there is a problem filling my original order. I am willing to take a different color stand, if that helps. My name is Sherry..."(cut off by CS rep)

CS rep:

"Your stand came in today, it will probably ship tomorrow."

me:

"Ok then, thank you."

I don't think I was being rude, I just wanted an update. I didn't want to "bother" her by asking about my points not being credited because she seemed to be annoyed that I even called.

Just for the record, it is Big Al's.

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
Well for you it dosen't apply...women don't have to try to get men into bed....in your case think of it as "like trying to get your daughter to talk about her boyfriend"

I've been married for 17 years so I'm not sure I remember how to talk to a women that way I just have to fake it..........I refuse to beg and plead in public :hitting:

mbhw

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I ordered the Perfecto Sedonia stand & cap from Big Al's for my 75, and it came in trashed by UPS. It was a hassle to get them to take back the stand and pay for it. They were nice, but I really had to push before I got the service I needed. I will shop with them again because they eventually did the right thing, but I bought the stand locally and have had no problems.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store