Giant danios don’t like new friends.

Pond9

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2017
I had a group of 12 giant danio with my lyonsi got down to 7 bought 4 more went back down to 7 tried again back down to same 7 they don’t want any new friends lol they reject the new ones no matter the size lol

FishEZ

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 16, 2017
Brampton, Ontario
www.fishez.ca
Interesting. I have 6 in my community tank. I raised them from eggs. They do have their own hierarchy and aggressively snap at other fish, but I have not ever seen them harm other fish. Are you sure that the 7 are always the same 7? Could it just be coincidental? BTW, I have never tried to add more. So I don't know if mine would do the same as yours.

Pond9

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2017
Yea I can tell there same ones because they are fatter than the ones I buy and colors a bit different. The new ones don’t last more than a couple days I watch them “reject” the new ones they all take swipes at them and keep them out of the school. I have noticed they get a little beat up before they are gone. Then they get finished off by lyonsi. They almost keep the ones they want out by the lyonsi so they get eaten.

RemainVayne

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
When 1st added, my giant danios picked on each other quite a bit. Now my prochilodus bullies them and keeps them in check, especially during feeding time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store