Giant Gourami

downset21

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2005
Quincy, MA
could tank size be a problem? I think 450l equals out to about 120 gal. or so. im not sure but that may be too small for those monsters.

ethnics

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
SouthEast SD
i doubt it, but maybe. ive seen them in 40gal tanks in asian houses LOL. didnt even move. jus looked like the tank kept it moist.

Carl D

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Doncaster, UK.
No its not too small for now, there is planty of swimming space for them all, i nkow they will all get a lot bigger, other than the ray, but for now the space is OK. Thanks people, but i don't know whether to take him back now. Two months is a long time for a fish to be harassed and picked at isn't it.

Carl.

ethnics

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
SouthEast SD
2 months is a long time, but you should notice a difference in him within 2 weeks atleast. he's jus hella defensive right now cuz he's the newest to the tank and he wants to show everyone he aint a punk.

Carl D

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Doncaster, UK.
I tell you what, i kinda wish hed go for the shovelnoses because they'd get him back with their huge mouths lol.

Carl.

Deathcurl

BOO!!!
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
NYC
I have 3 14" Redtailed Giant Gouramis in my setup. They were aggressive when they were younger, but now are very lumbering, lazy fish. Sometimes they get into it with eachother, but most of the time, they get pushed around by the dats. I've been fortunate to have ad some good ones. Even in the aggressive stage, they never went after any other species in the tank.

Carl D

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Doncaster, UK.
I've taken him back. Too nasty for me and swapped him for 3 rams, 5 plants and a £5 voucher. They'll go in with the dicsu who are a little bit lonely.

Thanks guys,

Carl.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store