Gilled lung fish

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
AU_Arowana-RG;2599089; said:
People should seriously consider breeding Lungfishes more.

And I'm talking all species, but especially the SAL, Gilled, and AUL.
WAL, SAL, and AUL are being breed in captivity right now. Not sure about the other types of african lungfish. I'm sure that Gilled african lungfish are the only one that not breed in captivity.

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
BIG_ONE;2643913; said:
they are the rarest??? wow, i never knew. my LFS carries them quite commonly selling for $24.00...
We're talking about gilled african lungfish, not west african lungfish which is commonly seen on the hobby and cheaper too.

Aug 18, 2017
WAL, SAL, and AUL are being breed in captivity right now. Not sure about the other types of african lungfish. I'm sure that Gilled african lungfish are the only one that not breed in captivity.
I have'nt tried that in captivity, but i may just try it with time and probably respond with great news. Our major concerns were actually getting them and supplying at wholesale prices to importers.
Regards
Roy

Aug 18, 2017
Gilled lung fish are quite unique as compared to any other marine fish I've interacted with during the period I've been doing business, that after it injured, it will form a whitish gelatinous lining over the wound and within few weeks the wound heals, without any medication! Am still working on it to be sure how many days it will actually take in case its a deep wound.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store