Gimmee! Gimmee! Gimmee!

ChileRelleno

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2005
Mobile, AL
:irked: SCREW GIMMEE!:irked:

I see alot of folks looking for the free hand out, screw that!
Alot offering to pay too... Very Cool, support the site!:D

I would love to have MFK gear, regardless of whatever kind of fish/pic if any is on it, as long as it has a cool MFK logo.

If there was a MFK store with stickers, shirts and perhaps some other gear, I would buy 3-4 stickers and a couple shirts right now!
I'm willing to pay a little over customary to help support the site, I'm willing to pay S/H too.

I made the mistake of posting to one of these Gimmee, Gimmee, Gimmee, threads, and I'm sorry I did now that I see how some of this works...

I've my O'fish gear and it draws alot of response, I get to talk fish and hopefully the site gets hits:headbang2

MFK you need a store! You put a logo on it and I'll buy it!

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
ChileRelleno;591545; said:
I made the mistake of posting to one of these Gimmee, Gimmee, Gimmee, threads, and I'm sorry I did now that I see how some of this works...
Care to elaborate?

ChileRelleno

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2005
Mobile, AL
Good evening Rallysman
From what I've managed to piece together it seems that unless you have a post count exceeding whatever number, win a personality/misc contest or beg and plead often/long enough or at the right time...
Then your likely out of luck.

I may be mistaken, if I am then my sincerest apologies.
But it is how it initially appears to me.

I want to support MFK, it is a great site, I've learned loads roaming these forums and tried to contribute from the start of my active membership to'em too.
I'm new here but I plan on one day having a post count in the 1000's, posts that hopefully contribute something of value to each topic/thread I reply to.

I see alot of "Gimmee Gimmee" and not enough where do I contribute to maintaining the site.
Alot of people wanting gear and no way to get it besides begging in these threads/forums...
That is a shame for a site this big and active.:screwy:
As I said before I'd pay beyond merely the average price since the extra would help maintain the site.
I don't want a handout, I want gear and I want it yesterday (Joking:nilly: )

Sincerely, Chile.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
I'm glad you brought that up. I like your attitude.

We offer free gear to encourage activity, and it works. Unfortunately, there seems to be a few people that feel MFK "owes" them something. I'm ok with it though, because the activity gained (not to mention the information) helps this forum thrive.
There is always a bad apple to spoil the bunch, no matter where you go.

Li takes great pride in all of his forums, and asks nothing in return. There has been several threads asking for the sale of gear, but he seems happier to give it away.

I agree with what you have said though......I would be more than happy to buy "stuff" to support the site, but there is something about "limited edition free stuff" that is very appealing.

I commend Li and all of the members for what is contributed, because MFKs success would not be present without either.
I think people just need to sit back and think about how new this forum is. It has grown at a very rapid pace, and it's amazing that we have the opportunity to collect what we have, be it merchandise or know-how.

My name is Rallysman, and I approve of this message (Bacardi helped, so forgive me if it makes no sense!)

big train

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2006
Chesapeake V.A.
I think u guys should sell some MFK t-shirts :headbang2 if u make some 4xL fat boy sizes:ROFL: i would definetly buy some.:woot:

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
im gunna start selling mfk clothing...

big E

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
the French Part of Compton
I am pretty sure most people here are expecting to, and more than willing to PAY for some MFK gear. :headbang2 From what I've seen so far YES you are wrong about how items are given out, ;) The T-shirts are usally handed out at MFK meets, other items are given out as prizes to contests or raffles and info can be easily found in those forum sections, stickers, bracelets, and "promo" packs full of business cards are usally given out on a "while supplies last" basis whenever they are availible, it has always seemed fair to me??. I agree with you %100 percent on the "stop whining for free stuff" thing :cry: :cry: :cry: . I guess as long as we aren't profiting from it we can make all the MFK gear of our own that we like?? I would like a store too but it may not be what the owners of the site choose to do, so I guess we all have to wait and see what happens, or just make our own MFk stuff for now if it's cool with the BOSS!!!! :nilly: :nilly: :ROFL: :ROFL: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

mbunafishkeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2007
Bristol (UK)
yeh the shirts sound cool!

Wolf3101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
You make a good contribution to MFK every time you take the time to post a clear...well thaught out responce to a question. The information is what seperates this site from so many others. It can sink or swim depending on what each and every one of us make of it...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store