Glass Bottle Ornament Idea

joeytoe

Semper fidelis
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Canton, Massachusetts USA
OK I have a Empty Segrams 7 Gallon bottle, an think it might make a nice Hiding spot for small/mid sized fish. I stripped the label off an cleaned it up. However I dont know anyway to cut it (well aside from just breaking it). Anyone have any Ideas? :confused:

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
If you dont have a glass cutter, maybe a dremmel with a cutoff wheel? make sure you wear a mask when doing that cause it would get dusty and it may fly apart.

joeytoe

Semper fidelis
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Hmmmmmmm that could work, an Im rather good with the Dremel.

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
joeytoe said:
OK I have a Empty Segrams 7 Gallon bottle, an think it might make a nice Hiding spot for small/mid sized fish. I stripped the label off an cleaned it up. However I dont know anyway to cut it (well aside from just breaking it). Anyone have any Ideas? :confused:

Where did all the Segrams 7 go?? lol Thats a great idea...I should do something like that...It would look really cool!!

Jen

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
I think bottles look good as decor....thats why I went out and got a fifth of Tanqueray. Ok.....it wasnt the ONLY reason:)

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
that actually looks very cool!

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Leave one full and put it in the piranha tank.

Most craft shops sell a cheap bottle cutter on a pivot that works well with round or oval bottles. A very hot wire and cold water sometimes work but when I try it I break most of them. remember to sand the edges after cutting the bottle.

joeytoe

Semper fidelis
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
jenBLKAROWANA said:
Where did all the Segrams 7 go?? lol Thats a great idea...I should do something like that...It would look really cool!!

Jen
well I had a party an that 1 bottle was like 60.00 at a liquor store that was going out of business, so I grabbed it an we had a blast. Ive never had a Gallon of any booze before so I kept the bottle. :drool:

joeytoe

Semper fidelis
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
guppy said:
Leave one full and put it in the piranha tank.

Most craft shops sell a cheap bottle cutter on a pivot that works well with round or oval bottles. A very hot wire and cold water sometimes work but when I try it I break most of them. remember to sand the edges after cutting the bottle.
I had done this once with a Bud bottle for a chaca chaca cat years ago an just broke the bottom off the bottle, then sanded the edges, I didnt wanna chance screwing this on up since I only have 1 of these.

joeytoe

Semper fidelis
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
rallysman said:
I think bottles look good as decor....thats why I went out and got a fifth of Tanqueray. Ok.....it wasnt the ONLY reason:)
that looks great, whats that you have stacked in there in back of the bottle?????????

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store