Glass surfing

snowman17.5

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2013
Chicago
So I've been keeping mbuna for a little over a year and I noticed only a few individuals swim up and down the glass first it was my yellow lab which I had from day one now most recently I noticed my chipokae is a glass surfer just all day up and down. Keep in mind they all do it after a rescape but these two are just rediculas with it any one else experience this.

Sent from my EVO using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
I heard it is a sign of being contempt/ all my peacocks will do this after a water change for a couple of hours. Fish can't talk so I guess we will never really know. I question the stress part since just my really healthy fish will do this and after a water change. Anytime a fish is stressed imo it will hide in a corner. Just my 2 cents.

snowman17.5

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2013
Chicago
Yea I def rule out stress cuz none of the others bother the chip and the lab u could make that argument, and like Allen said they all do after WC but the 2 I mention do it all the time and the most

Ang

I should be a Hookworm
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
San Diego
My fish have only ever done this at feeding time.
I have seen plenty of fish with this behavior. I am not a scientist or ichthyologist, but I would just guess its a boredom behavior.... that, or those ones are just very "special" and maybe they should get some Ritalin added to their pellets.

TinfoilBala

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2013
california
the Blue Dolphin and Bala shark are always glass surfing no matter what is going on besides during feeding time, sometimes they do it together and sometimes they push each other out of the way

Sent from my SCH-R720 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

snowman17.5

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2013
Chicago
My fish have only ever done this at feeding time.
I have seen plenty of fish with this behavior. I am not a scientist or ichthyologist, but I would just guess its a boredom behavior.... that, or those ones are just very "special" and maybe they should get some Ritalin added to their pellets.
LoL that could be.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store