GLOWFISH

macantley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2008
south charleston WV
well, if you want to get rid of the fry, ill pay shipping and you can send me a few of them, i can even send you some convict fry if you want some, the convicts will surely take care of the other glowfish fry once they get larger :)

matthew

X24

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2007
Nebraska
isn't a patent just something that says you can't use the idea to make your own? So breeding them and selling them wouldn't be covered by the patent, but genetically modifying would be under the patent.

Still, i kind of like these fish. They aren't harmed like the injected fish, they look kind of pretty and they live normal lives from what i can tell. Its just the injected fish that suck.

Aquaman_95

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2007
Warner Robins Georgia
They are proven to be genetically enhanced. That's cool. Th DNA cells were transfered.

James B.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2007
P.E.I., Canada
X24;1806021; said:
isn't a patent just something that says you can't use the idea to make your own? So breeding them and selling them wouldn't be covered by the patent, but genetically modifying would be under the patent.
Thats what I thought.

wolfsburgfanatic

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 17, 2008
Frederick, MD
NorthernDancer64;1834268; said:
You might also be able to use a black light. I'm not sure.
From GLOFish.com -

"Nighttime Viewing – In cases where the room is completely dark, a black light will create the appearance that the fish are glowing in the dark. This is a truly stunning and beautiful way to display your ornamental fish at night! But please remember that the black light will only be helpful in a completely dark room. Using a black light during the daytime will not result in the fish demonstrating their true magnificence. An actinic (blue wavelength) light in a completely dark room will also look great."

I've seen the red ones at the LFS, but didn't realize they had other colors too... The green is awesome :headbang2

Aquariumjunkie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2007
Monroe, Wa
has any one tryed breeding a normal zebra danio with a Glofish?
i wonder what would happen, what genetic trait would get passed on?
I've got an empty 60 Gallon, i might have to try it.

monkeychow4u

Feeder Fish
Sep 2, 2009
kentucky
I am fairly new to glo fish. I purchased 3 from a local store. One red, one orange and one yellow. I have noticed that my orange one looks quite big, the red one not as big and the yellow is slender. So I figure the orange and red are females and the yellow is a male. Even tho it appears she has eggs, does that mean they will reproduce or would I have a better chance at that if i had more males? Is there anything I can do to help them reproduce? Thanks for your help... :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store